Busy over Christmas Break - Sight Words

I know Christmas break should be all about relaxing but I think any teacher starts to think about the new year and what other activities you will be doing with your students.  My students are really growing in their reading and word recognition so I decided to make a few sight word activities.  

The first one is connect 4 boards .  I took the dolch lists from Kindergarten to Grade 2 and mixed up the words for each game board.  I have tried to teach the kids with my connect 4 boards to take your turns quickly as you say the word quickly so it helps with fluency too.  I double side my boards and laminate. 


The second activity is sight word flip booklets.  The idea is like connect 4 but instead the students roll a die, find that number, say the word and colour in that spot.  The first student to colour their whole card, wins.  I created sheets that have the same words on each grid and sheets that have grids with different words.  You can put the sheets in any order you want.  These are great in literacy centers.




The third activity is the same boards from the sight word flip booklets but enlarged into game boards which you can print and laminate.  The kids would cover the words instead of colouring them in.

The fourth activity is a little booklet the kids can take home to read with their parents on the weekends.  Students can write down the sight words they know on Friday and take the book home and share.  I created a page that allows the parent to sign the booklet and send back so you know your student read with them or the students can just keep the books at home.  Here is a picture of the front and back cover of the booklet.


You can get this package in my TPT store at the following link:


Enjoy!

Kemble

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plant Journal Revisted with a New Addition Bean Greenhouse Activity

Blank Game Boards

Heart Sight Words for Mini Offices